My Grandmother died today I do not have a picture of her to show you, hopefully I can add one. I realize this may be a depressing thing to write about but the truth is it is actually a happy event. Grandma Dillier was ready to go a while ago but stuck around, she is at peace now.
I will keep all of the happy memories we shared deep in my heart.
Memories a little girl like I can truly be so spoiled to have with my Grandmother, and memories that I know will stay with me and be an example for how I will be with my grandchildren down the road. ....Summer days spent with her letting me pick her roses, swinging in the back yard under the long bean tree, playing trouble, cards ( jinn rummy), and crossword games, eating raisin brand before bed time, being so gentle with getting out the tangles in my hair at bath time, taking me into her room and showing me her flapper like dresses and heels that she still had......winter times spent waking up most Christmas mornings in her house blocked off in the hallway having to wait behind a door that led to the living room, and getting homemade stuffed animals and dolls from her for Christmas and birthdays, eating chocolates and fresh nuts off of her coffee table, receiving money/checks, and don't forget cordial cherries every Christmas away from her home. I will always remember and love my Grandma Dillier luckily though now there is a Grandma Dillier in training... (Grandma Jen Dillier) and I am sure My Grandma Gaila L. Dillier will be watching Grandma Jen Dillier's grandchildren and all of us from up above.
Grandma Jen Dillier and Baby Lily
Grandma Jen Dillier and Baby Lily
No comments:
Post a Comment