Concerned, loving Husband.....
I again have been feeling nauseous today. (Oh so so yucky I wish I could just throw up and be fine)
We recently had a little gas leak on the deck, which a guy from the gas company came and fixed on Monday. Anyways Nathan called the apartment office to have someone come over to check and make sure that we did not have a leak in the apartment because I was feeling nauseous.
Well moments after Nathan's call I received a call from the manager at the office telling me that I needed to get Lily and evacuate our apartment, and come to the front office.
Of course I was a bit shaken by this thought, considering I have felt the need to throw up at any time. And being a kind person, when you may throw up on someones face as you speak to them, along with really just wanting to lay down can prove difficult.
Alas I got up right in time to grab Lily's clothes and put them on her before someone was at the door. I let them in and we headed to the apartment office.
On our way to the office we saw a fire truck with men jumping out talking to each other, "What was it apartment 2040 (our apartment), yeah I think it is this way."
Lily and I pretended it was not our apartment the firemen spoke of as we walked into the office with residents sitting on the outside benches whispering I am sure something like...what has happened, etc.
We went in sat on the couches as the concerned woman manager approached us. "Are you alright?" "Yeah just have been a little nauseous the past few days (that and I want to throw up all over this nice pricey white sofa right now)." "Your not pregnant are you?" "No, I have an IUD that is 99.9% affective." Oh all right I just thought that maybe since you have been nauseous and...."No I'm not."
Well after a little longer a firefighter came in and told everyone now gathered in the room where Lily and I were, that everything checked out fine and asked me himself how I felt and I lied and said I am doing a little better, thank you. Well as the crowd continued to discuss I just got up grabbed Lily and said, "So we are good to go back then." After the yes, we left and outside again at the benches was another fireman chatting with the residents out there still from before.
Not having invisibility powers to go along with my other powers kinda bites the big one sometimes.
The fireman outside asked if I was alright, again I lied and he said, "You just call us if you do not feel well again OK." I said OK...and shouted that I was going to the doctor so I should be fine...thanks. Well after feeling that I had to share quite a bit of personal info with complete strangers, I guess all and all it was nice of the apartments to be safe and not sorry and that the fireman were just doing there job. But honestly again, can I just throw up..feel better and call this a bug from Satan himself.
P.S. Now that Lily and I are settled in, I just received another call from the apartment manager telling me that the gas company was on their way over so they can double check. I agreed to it but surely I will throw up all over their faces for real this time.
Kayla Itsines Week 10 Progress
10 years ago
3 comments:
i hope everything checks out ok! that's scary. did the firemen tell you what they checked for -- just gas and carbon monoxide or something? and has lilly been sick/fussy, or just you? it's nice that your apartments are so responsive!
Jen! Riley told me you had a blog. Your baby is so so cute and you look so great as well. let's keep in touch! Robyn.
Sweetie you should have called. not that I could do anything but still..!!!! and in front of everyone if they wanted a show you should have just thrown up babe.. surely they will look away and leave you alone!!!
Good call on ur apartment though at least they checked it out!
xoxox
Post a Comment