After a sleepless night (Lily's first night on big girl bed.) well sleepless for me from worrying not as much for Lily. I found myself a little overwhelmed by emotions later this afternoon, partly because I miss the fam. and it would be easier for them if we lived closer so they could see us and vise versa, partly because Lily is hard to shop with (someone could have stolen her with how much she ran from me.), partly because I find I am sad over little things lately (so big at that moment) and I start to be negative. I think that negativity is in a way like anger to hide your sadness. Well anyways when we returned home tonight I became full of gratitude for all that I have, especially after I put new sheets on Lily's cute bed and Nathan and her read stories for bed time. I watched and thought how wonderful the bed was at first and then realized that if it was not there it would not matter, it would look the same to me it was who was in it. Kinda corny I know and this hurts to say and is hard to do, but it is better to be more grateful for what you have than focus on what you don't and what you have lost. A lesson I will be having to learn every day I think.
Stuffing face with 10am spaghetti
View stepping out for morning run. 6 fun hot air balloonsLounging Mc. Lounger
First Curlers
5 comments:
I am grateful that I know such a loving and introspective person who is a wonderful wife to her husband, mother to her daughter, not to mention an awesome sibling, daughter and bestestbestestfriend.
I think of you every day!
xoxo jessie
PS The curlers remind me of your mom always trying to do my hair, including her giving me my first perm at age 5 or so ;-)
It's not corny at all. For me, loss, particularly the loss of a person close to me like my dad and your mom, brings into bright clear focus the things I can't bear to live without. The things that I am greateful for. The things I love more than anything.
You've got a lot on your plate, a one and a half year old, marraige, settling into a new home away from your family, the loss of your mother... Any one of those things can make a person just sink into negative emotions. It seems to me you're headed in the right direction though. You're looking at what you have and appreciating it.
I love you so much and I am so thankful that I can call you my sister-in-law. I am so thankful that you are my boy's auntie. We sure miss you around here, but really, you're only an email, a call, a blog post or a plane ride away.
I love you both also very much. And you bet I am grateful to have you be so close though in reality you are far. Yeah!! for the technology we have to keep us close.
I had the pink curlers too. On picture day I was not allowed to take them out ALL day at school until JUST before my pictures.
I am grateful for you also for you all in my life! I am so lucky! Love you and miss you!
You have a good perspective, Jen. Thanks for sharing it.
You also have a cutie patootie little girl.
Post a Comment