I realize that this year is very important to have political views and make a decision but honestly I don't trust anyone, not anyone meaning just not trusting the candidates but anyone meaning ...those on the campaigns, people/computers who tally votes, the Clinton's, anyone!!
And why should I trust anyone, am I just suppose to sit down and write the pluses and minuses of both and then make a decision. I don't understand how people can be so all for someone and still not agree with some of their views or not know them personally (please can I vote my brother John for president...I don't agree with him all the time but at least I know him.) Views that may never even make to the white office because they still don't know what being a president really is about until they are one. Do I vote for Obama because he looks less like the bad president (like in the movies...X-men etc.) then McCain? Well anyways I am way behind in the debate and perhaps it is because if it is not personal than it is not on my mind, if it is personal if I don't start to gather others and campaign for someone really can my vote alone do the trick, but if I say this what a poor American am I for not voting on a very world changing time in history...yes I said world not America and meant it. I am proud to be an American and the 4th is my fav. holiday I swear.
How in this world can you always see clearly the bad to the good? How can you know that the good will not become bad from influence and will they go back to good?
4 comments:
I would like to say for the record that I too would like to vote John for president! Good call on that one Jen!
I think it is impossible to really know who the candidate really is, how he really thinks or what he really believes. THey have teams of people to go out there find out what you want and make him appear that way.
I vote on the issues. Who's policies and plans make sense to me and I have to admit that a little "gut feeling" goes into my decision too.
If you're really confused, you could take this quiz and it will tell you which of the two candiates most closely matches your views. http://www.whoshouldyouvotefor.com/
In the end we both live in red states, so our votes will go to McCain anyway even though I voted for Obama/Biden.
Where you can make the most impact is by voting for your local politicians. Mayor, Governor, Representatives, Senators, etc... These are the people that will affect you and your family personally anyway.
I have all the exact same questions. I still haven't quite decided who I am voting for.
I hereby accept your nomination for the office of President of the United States of America!
As your president, I will ensure that all TV content is in high definition; that the use of turn signals is very strictly enforced; that cell phones cannot be brought into meetings, movies, or grocery store lines; that public breast feeding becomes a socially accepted norm; mmmmmm, boobies; that public subsidies are given to encourage the creation of more funny videos and photos featuring cats; and I will outlaw t-shirts that feature either giant eagles, wolves howling at the moon, or dolphins in space.
Post a Comment