Well I am finally posting about our camping trip this last weekend. We will just say that it was not super comfortable (I realize camping is not meant to be luxurious), and for some reason if someone has a trailer I always find myself thinking in the desperate direction towards buying one for next time, though I would never. Well anyways at the end of our short time in who knows where I have concluded you do not need to camp to enjoy the outdoors, and if you do camp be prepared not to sleep especially without a blow up mattress, and winds blowing so hard you are in and out of dreams of a bear or creature shaking your tent not to mention scorpions (I have issues with those now for sure).....don't worry Lily had her pack n play mattress and Nathan can sleep through a lot more than I can, as you will see below. Lily did cry for an hour... plus/minus before we could get her to settle down for bed. But at least all and all we have an experience to remember and something in common to share with all who came and we enjoyed our foil dinners and definitely, definitely the morning.
After relaxing when we returned on Saturday we put together Lily's new big girl bed. (Well mostly Daddy)
Eating Marshmallow by fire after arriving late afternoon.
Nathan with yummae foil dinner (better when you are starving too)

Calming Lily with trail mix in tent.
Our wee tent held up good but started to blow in like the others by morning.
Nathan holding up side of tent Lily sleeping still until I grabbed her after this pic.
The morning gang getting warm.
Shielding food from wind with cars.
Making sweetest face wanting a turn.
Not going to give it to me ..take that!
Spoiled Brat: (wopping a lot of kids that morning, and stealing toys, someone did not sleep well enough even on her own mattress....and well she is spoiled...luckily she learned a little lesson when she got wopped back (by someone older than sweet Carter here and more her age.) Older kids just look at you or their parents to handle it if they get wopped younger kids just cry but around the same age...girl you are going to get what's coming to you)
I had a trundle bed and I remember some of my still now best friends sleeping over on it.

5 comments:
Something I've never understood is people camping for fun. Why in the world would you CHOOSE to sleep outside in a tent when you don't have to? Well, at least you had fun!
i love the big girl bed!!! I have been looking for our little Mr. but can't find what I want.. so big!!!
how are you love?
at least you tried to camp i haven't even tried to camp.. your brave
I miss my little delish Lily-Dilly-Chip! Kisses!
Yep, the way we "camp" is at our cabin...roughin' it without cable and internet...wait that was you guys just a week ago at your new place! Lily will have to go "camping" with Popa D & Grandma Jen next summer.
Beautiful trundle bed! Lily is a lucky girlie.
Did Carter hit her???? I hope not! If so, I'm sorry!
i absolutely LOVE the bed, so cute for her. and that picture of her slapping the boy was hilarious. now that i know lily a little more i think its so fun to read and look at all these pics about her....thanks for sharing. hope to see you again soon at a game ☺
Post a Comment