
So last night I was feeling very suburban housewife, not to say that I am not a creative person and love to do stuff at home. I just had an itch if you will for a second to trade places with a best friend of mine that lives in Boston. She is going to Tufts University, after traveling and doing many things that has brought her a lot of knowledge for her life. I am very proud to be her friend. Perhaps I am just aching for more knowledge for my life. Which brings me now to some goals for this year.
- A lot of reading (Hello if you can read it can be a gift of knowledge that is free) 3+ books a month, and no fiction until 2 are read. (Is it weird that I think of perhaps some man taking a dump with the book I checked out from the Library and I may some how sanitize books I check out?)
- Some school or classes.
- Strong Lean body (Pilate's, weight lifting, running, maybe try ballet again)
- Eating better as a family so Lily can learn good habits and try new things (same for us)
- Being better at scheduling my time to be more productive with these goals.
- Doing these things above and other things for myself, to help me be a better Mother and Wife ... not the latter.
- Being a part of our families/friends lifes that our close to us because life is short and sharing company with those we love is most important.
6 comments:
I can't check books out from the library for that same reason! Ihate it when people read in the bathroom. poop particles in the air are not cool :) haha
Those are some great, and realistic goals! I feel your pain about desiring more brain power...I have suffered from brain rot since being a stay at home mom. We should start a book club with in our friends...we get together so often anyway, might as well have one of those times centered around a good book. Thanks for the play date today!
3 books a month?? wow! I'm lucky if I can read one a month for bookclub! not much leisure time these days, and if I do find time to read, I'd actually rather sleep.
I totally understand the housewife blues. Sometimes I get down because my life used to be so much more exciting what with a career and travel... It's worth it though, some days it's harder to convince myself than others. Those are usually the days when I'm playing my 50th game of candyland and my brain has gone numb.
Sometimes I think that motherhood is the kind of adventure that you don't really appreciate until the kids are grown.
we maybe close to the east coast soon! but you will ALWAYS be close in my heart..
i love the new years resolutions.. adam and i have some of the same as you guys
Those are some great goals. I may have to join you on those too. Your blog is so cute. I didn't know you got married in Hawaii?
I stole a link to your blog from Cassidy.
I like the goals ...! and as a graduate student at Tufts in Boston :-)hehehe who happens to love the person and Mommy that Jenni Marie Dillier (Chipping) has become ... I can say congratulations on your hugely successful life so far, and for being honest with yourself about what goals will help you stay happy and healthy!
You are the most creative, funny and kind hearted woman I know. And well, I've known you for 25 years, so I think my opinion counts.
Why don't you bring Lily to visit? I'll try to come out to Arizona sometime, too.
xoxoxoxo, Miss you always ... I know you know that I think you are incredible. But just in case you forgot ... you are!
MWAH!
Jess
Post a Comment