All photo's found on this blog are subject to copyright, do not copy any of these pictures!

Jan 22, 2009

Save the drama for your Momma

Yes save the drama for your Momma ...literally.... I am on the receiving end now of the statement and not too excited about it. And for all those out there with boys I want you to remember to enjoy that you get quite a bit less drama in your days then I do. Yesterday Lily decided that it was drama day. She had her girlfriend over for the first part of the morning... and they love being together, but in addition Lily decided that she would cry over most things. Even when her friend got hurt she would cry for her. (Every time she cries ..literal tears) And she tries to cry also and I am just bewildered on what to do with that. It is as though she tries to think of sad things to make her cry, (like 4 hours after Nathan was gone, Where is Daddy ..Oh Daddy and starts to cry more and more.) ( Her 4 day old scratch on her foot ...Oh my Owie ...ohhhh crys) .....ALL DAY DAY/AFTERNOON/NIGHT yesterday. Even worse every time I feel I am going crazy (recently watched Aladdin) I have the voice of the dumb parrot which happens to be Gilbert Gottfried whom I loath...saying " Cah whits end whits end" go through my head ....won't be watching that ever again. Anyways I am pretty sure her life is not miserable upon miserable..(though I feel like I want to make it that way sometimes) and I am not just writing this post to bizzatch about it. And if she ends up being sick or something, or she may just be sick of me..that is understandable. And I realize that distraction is best but seriously I would be doing nothing but distracting all day and I need I break sometimes and for her to play alone too.
But I wrote this to see if anyone had any ideas on how to bring down the drama queen from her thrown on high. (Hopefully today will be different or I may have to go get a job for sanity reasons)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

believe me, boys have drama too. Just this morning he was crying and screaming and literally up ending chairs and his little table. He was being a grumpy little troll!

What I do when he gets unmanageable like that is put him in his room with his blankie and tell him he can come out when he's calmed down. In his room he can scream, cry, throw things, whatever he needs to do to get the emotion out but it has to stay in his room. If he wants to come be with me and Max he has to be calm. If he comes out still acting like a troll -- back to his room he goes!

Sita, Shalie, Kalia, and Vili said...

Oh my gosh, I am sorry but this post struck me as kind of funny. I grew up with three sisters and no boys, so believe me I know this drama you are talking about. Please if you find something that works, pass it down my way. Ella is in the beginning stages. :) Girls are so fun!

Scott and Sara said...

So sad...and funny at the same time. I just had lunch with a friend that has a 3 yr old boy and a 9 month old girl and said she is so hard. She is so dramatic about everything! I was shocked because that is a little young. It just confirmed even more for me that I want all boys : )
Good luck, don't go crazy! Just leave Nate at home with her when he gets home and go see a movie!