All photo's found on this blog are subject to copyright, do not copy any of these pictures!

Jan 25, 2009

Cross Dresser

For the most part Lily has had issues with wanting to put her own clothes on. (besides her princess night gown that she could wear every day all day and night long) But as you can see she never has had an issue with putting on our clothes, shoes, and accessories. This is an example she had this on and I had to hurry and tie the shirt before she tripped on it in her Cinderella heels. Then after that she went to the door and said, "Ready to Go!" She would most likely have one of Nathan's neck ties on as a necklace if I did not put those up high after her pulling all of them (too many for one man to have) to the floor the other day and dragging them around.
If she didn't look like a cross dresser I would probably loosen up into letting her wear more of what she chose in public. Any way we think she is a cutie, and I was glad Nathan was there to see her in one of her bigger dress up moments.
Also for another update with Lily, she has been saying everything lately, all the words we say , making sentences with 3-4 words, and singing songs. It is very fun, cute, and useful for me. When ever we don't think we have heard something she says, we repeat it and then she says "Yes Momma, Yes Daddy." in the cutest, most polite way but kinda leaning on the "Of course that is what I said, Momma" side. She also can get on her tippy toes and stretch to reach the lights. (Not super this morning when she not only turned the light on but found a gift wrap tube to announce "DOO DOO Wake Up MoMMA!!") Cute Stuff though, I definitely as for this post and the one below, realize so much why toddlers make you crazy but also make you want to do it all over again as they are becoming their own person. It is such an amazing journey to watch someone grow that started in your belly. I am already feeling her wings get ready for flight as she needs me less in ways and more in others.

2 comments:

Jilly Bean said...

She's cute. I love when they dress themselves...such adventures. I like your insights about wings spreading. Lily's wings are going to spread to kindergarten this year. I'm so not ready for that.

Owen's Mommy said...

Hey my phone is dead, so I was never able to get back to you about my locked out situation. But I found my keys! Thanks for being so kind to offer your house yesterday. It was good getting together...next adventure (when it warms a bit) is swimming!!