So to be honest I have been tripping out a bit lately. Lily is starting to say words we ask her to say, say words for things she see's, crawl out of bed in the morning and come into our room, along with more big girl stuff. This afternoon she was not going down for her nap so I just left her in bed and said it is time for a nap and closed her door, I could see and hear that she got off her bed and went to the door and reached to open it on her tippy toes, but without crying she just stood by the door got tired and the next thing I know she put herself back into her big girl bed.... I don't know how she got up there either. The reason I say that I am tripping out is not because I want her to be a baby again or because I have to watch more how I act around her. The reason is, is because I feel so Mom like or something, I know I felt like her mother when she arrived and some before when she was in my belly. But now I feel more like a Mom....if that makes sense, Like she has friends say Hi Lily's Mom, and I am the one to do the work to find a good babysitter instead of wanting to kick it with the babysitter or something.(yes on our last date the babysitters mom had to let me know that she wants her daughter focusing on babysitting ...when I said maybe she could bring a friend and I was thinking of ordering pizza or something.) I guess I need to learn some things. I don't know if it is because of what has happened in my life recently or the growing Lily but I am definitely feeling like a kid trying to be more adult or just a Mom shifting into being a Mom I am not quite sure, maybe it is all because I know a little someone is listening and understanding so much more now.
Kayla Itsines Week 10 Progress
10 years ago
5 comments:
I know exactly what you mean. There is a kind of shift as your baby becomes a kid. With Alex I didn't feel like a mom until he was almost two and there was acutal PARENTING to do. Nearly everything before that just felt like caretaking, babysitting...
It just gets wierder. You think you're used to hearing them talk and then they start playing pretend and having their own ideas and becoming so independant. It's scary and wonderful all in the same feeling.
I agree. I cant believe I am the mother of a little boy who goes to school. Even though it has been 8 years I feel like I just got out of school. Now I have to make sure he does his homework every night. I never did my homework? I still look at Grant and wonder how I got to this point. One thing that really hits me hard is that I know that Grant will probably be my only child and it is going WAY too fast. I can honestly say that I do not take any moment for granted. I cherrich every new word he learns and every silly question he asks.
Now I am rambling and crying ... maybe I should just go write my own post on my blog.
Thanks for sharing Jen. I miss you posting more often. And I love it when you do post. I love you so much.
PS Happy belated birthday! I was thinking of you!
you and i are going through the SAME Thing girly.... he has been in the big boy bed a whole week and is more and more independant.. its shocking.. i was looking at the baby photo's remembering us taking them out in the snuggle packs to walk around the block in the freezing cold after they were born.. I miss you and those days.. its going to fast..
I luv ya, lilys mom :0)
You ARE/are going to be a great Mommmy like your Mommy Diane.
Love you and miss you!
Kisses too!
Yeah, growing up is interesting, huh? But I think it's great too. :)
Did you order any pink or purple wool felt? I checked at JoAnns again and they had the same old colors. I'd like to get some pink and purple. We could order some together and split the shipping. Do you know a good place to order it? I was going to email you but I don't know if I've got your email address.
Post a Comment